How to Turn Off or Disable Apps Switcher, Charms bar and Hot Corners in Windows 8?
Windows 8 originate a lot of considerable features But Hot Corner is one of them. This advanced feature help user to easily access to Settings and Apps. They are four edges and center of attraction of the Screen basically which shows Charm bars, Apps Switchers and Start tiles when we bring cursor over the connected areas. When we take mouse pointer to top-left corner, Apps Switcher comes out. Similarly Charms bar locate on right corner and shows when mouse pointer hit top and bottom edges. But top left and right edges create problems when we this feature.
Windows 8 provide some tools which are helpful for us to disabling this feature. If we want that Switcher and Charms bar don’t show through Hot Corner then we use a tool that is “Registry hack”. Classic Shell is also an application which is used for hiding Charms bar and Apps Switcher, after installing it we can directly go to desktop.
Now from this article we will be able to turn off charms bar, hot corners and Apps Switcher by following these particular steps.
For Turning off Feature:
- Press Windows key and registry editor will open.
- Enter>regedit in edit box and press enter key from keyboard.
- A command will appear of User Account Control, Select >Yes option.
- Plot the particular key in the Registry Editor.
- Registry Editor dialog box will show.
- From left side of box, Make Right click on>Immersive Shell option. Select> New from the drop down list and then Choose> Key command from next sub list.
- EdgeUI is key name and hit Enter.
- Do Right click on key from left side, Select>New from drop down list and then from next sub list, Choose>DWORD Value.
- Label value as> DisableTL corner, Strike> Enter.
- Using this method, Form another value and assign a name as>DisabaleCharmsHint.
- For disabling the Switcher, Done> Double clicking on>DisableTL corner, in value data type>1 and Click>OK.
- For turn off the Charms bar, done>Double clicking on>DisabaleCharmsHint> in value data type>1 and Go for>OK button.