How to Reset or Refresh Windows 8 without DVD?
Microsoft offers two impressive and effective aspects in Windows 8 those are Reset and Refresh PC. Both new features give us benefit in solving the Windows matters by refreshing of settings and resetting everything. By deletion of data and built-in apps, these features permit us to set original settings or factor settings of our Windows 8.
Refreshing of Windows means to reinstall the windows and saves our private and personal. This feature also saves applications those are already present in our Personal computer and second which we installed from Store while Resetting Feature also reinstall Windows but delete our Settings, Files an applications.
For formatting computer, whenever we want to use these features we have to insert a DVD of Windows. But with the help of Windows 8 we can avail these features without DVD. After reading this article we will be able to use these new features in our PC.
Refresh or Reset Windows 8 PC without DVD:
- Firstly we have to create a folder with the name of Windows8Files on our basic drive of computer.
- Mount the ISO file or insert installing disk in drive and the open> D:\Source
- From Windows file folder, Make a copy of> install.wim file.
- Now we introduce an administrative command prompt. Next we have to take mouser pointer to bottom of screen, Make right-click on Context menu and choose >Command prompt from the pop up list
- Now following command is ready to run.
- reagentc.exe /setosimage /path C:\Windows8Files /target C:\Windows /Index 1
- If PC doesn’t ask us to insert the DVD Then we can normally refresh or reset our personal computer.