How to Organize Tiles into groups on the Metro Start Screen in Windows 8?
Windows 8 has the ability to organize the tiles in groups when a lot of applications installed from store, and we download our favorite programs. These installed items appear as tile and pin in Metro Start Screen and create mess overall. This creates difficulty for user and don’t understand which tile belong s to particular program. But with the helping and advanced features of this operating system we can make groups and also assign names to them.
Organize Tiles into Groups:
If we installed Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other applications of office, tiles of these programs will appear on Metro Start Screen then we create a group name as Microsoft Office or Office only and drag these applications in that group and after doing this Group name will show on the Metro Screen instead of different tiles.
Tile can be shift into new group, to do this we have to drag selected tile and reach to vacant space in middle of current groups as far as we view the gray bar. Take the tile to its own group then left the mouse button, selected tile drop in specific group. We also add more tiles in group by dragging and dropping feature.
Assign Name to Groups:
When we organize the tiles in groups then next step comes to assign name to groups. To do this we have to follow these steps.
- Click> (-) minus sing button which appears on the bottom right edge of the Metro Start Screen.
- Metro Star Screen zoom’s view goes out, Select>Entire group to move or rename it.
- Do>Right click on group, and then we can rename it.
- A Check mark will appear on entire group and Name Group option will show in bottom left corner of Screen.
- Beat>Name Group.
- A dialog bow will open, Type the name for group and Tick>Name button.
- Group name will display above group.
- Follow the same procedure for different groups.
- By clicking anywhere on screen we can view full tiles with their group’s name in Zoom in.