How to Customize Start Screen of Windows 8?
Microsoft provides appropriate scope of Start screen personification facilities in the original version of windows 8. It also brings us a new user interface which comprises on tiles not on icons. The tiles can shows us actual information such as current weather, forthcoming appointments and unread messages or mails but it describes numerous methods of modification in start screen.
Customizing the start screen of window 8 is the essential technique in which we can exhibit and demonstrate our PC Screen according to us. Start screen is not fixed display but is the instrumental panel that supports information which is essential for us.
With the help of different ways we can personalize our start screen. Now in this article we will learn how to modify it and make it according to us.
Ways of Customizing the Start Screen:
- Change the Background and Color: By default Window 8 Start screen appear in front of us in bluish purplish color and we don’t like background screen and as well as color so we can change it and make it according to us by following the below method.
- For change setting, move our mouse pointer to the top or bottom left corners of our screen or Press > Window Key +C shortcut to disclose the charms bar. Click the option of> Settings charm and Go to>Change PC settings on screen from the bottom of the right corner.
- PC setting pane will open. Select> Personalize from the left list. Click>Start Screen from right side of the pane. Now we choose > background image and color scheme what we want.
- Resize Tiles:When tiles appear in front of us, often we noticed that size of some tiles bigger than other such as Photos, Desktop as compared to People, Store, Mail etc. We can change the size of tiles by ourselves by following this procedure
- For increased or reduced the size of the tile, Do>Right click on the particular tile then> select> smaller or larger button which appear at bottom of page.
- Disable or Enable Live Tiles: on the Start Scree, few tiles show the updates and news like Finance tiles shows the recent information related to finance. If we want that this sort of information don’t disturb us we can disable this function.
- For do this, Make >Right Click on specific tile and Select >Turn Live Tile off from the bottom of the screen. After this we can only see the tile name.
- Organize the Tiles into Groups: Window 8 start screen permits us organize tiles into groups and we can also assign name to particular group. Tile scan be arranged by dragging and dropping and then we find a lot of space.
- For group’s name we have to use the feature of Semantic Zoom, Click> on the button which is appear at the bottom window screen, on the scroll bar horizontally right.
- Every name will show on the screen and permits us to classify the apps, tiles and shortcuts.
- Create Desktop Application Launcher: Desktop application launcher provides us those tiles which we want to see. Sometimes we don’t like the by default interface then we modify it to desktop application launcher. We can unpin those tiles which we don’t want to see and pin those tiles which we want in desktop app launcher.
- From Apps pane, Do> Right Click on the tile, then Select> Unpin to start from the bottom left corner of the screen.